Bees make more than honey. They also make gunk called propolis.And this “bee glue” is a powerful health balm. In fact, studies show it has anti-cancer properties. Bee propolis is defined as a resinous mixture that honey bees produce by combining their own saliva and beeswax with exuded substances they collect from tree buds, sap flows and other botanical sources. Propolis color can vary depending on what the bee collects from nature to create it, but usually bee propolis is a shade of dark brown.
When scientists have looked closer at the exact chemical composition of propolis, they have found that it actually contains over 300 natural compounds, including amino acids, coumarins, phenolic aldehydes, polyphenols, sequiterpene quinines and steroids
In case you’re thinking that bee propolis is a new health craze, I want to tell you that this bee product’s usage is said to date all the way back to the time of Aristotle circa 350 B.C. Ancient Egyptians were also known for using propolis in their mummification process while the ancient Greeks and Assyrians loved it for its wound- and tumor-healing abilities.
some of propolis benfits :-
– It has a great ability to eliminate many kinds of bacteria and fungus
– It has the ability to treat wounds and burns and the formation of skin tissue and cell proliferation
– It is consider restorative and supported by the immune system.
– Killer of cancer cells
– stimulating for the secretion of female hormones
– Contributes in the treatment of thyroid and pituitary gland
– Useful in treating colon ulcers, stomach ulcers and duodenum ulcers
– very useful in healing all liver diseases specially hepatitis B and hepatitis C
– Anti-oxidant. Diuretic for bile , Contributes in the widening of veins and strengthening of blood vessels
– Helps lower high blood pressure,
– It is useful in modifying the hormonal imbalance caused by cortisone.
– Contributes in the treatment of tuberculosis.
– Improves Fertility for Females with Endometriosis