Royal jelly is a milky secretion produced by worker honey bees. It typically contains about 60% to 70% water, 12% to 15% proteins, 10% to 16% sugar, 3% to 6% fats, and 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids. Its composition varies depending on geography and climate. Royal jelly is secreted from the glands in the heads of worker bees and is fed to all bee larvae, whether they are destined to become drones (males), workers (sterile females), or queens (fertile females). After three days, the drone and worker larvae are no longer fed with royal jelly, but queen larvae continue to be fed this special substance throughout their development.
It is harvested by humans by stimulating colonies with movable frame hives to produce queen bees. Royal jelly is collected from each individual queen cell (honeycomb) when the queen larvae are about four days old. It is collected from queen cells because these are the only cells in which large amounts are deposited
The health benefits of Royal Jelly are extensive and universities around the world are now studying this magical compound more and more frequently in an attempt to further understand it. So here are some Health Benefits of Royal Jelly :-
– Improves body activity and increases vitality
– Antioxidant Power and balance the immune system
– scientists found that not only did the royal jilly protect the brain, but it also stimulated cognitive function and repair to the brain.
– Helps Alzheimer’s Patients and improve short-term memory because it’s demonstrated to have a beneficial role on neural functions
– Activates the ovaries and can help reduce menopausal symptoms
– Improves Male Infertility, Raises the level of sperm count and increases the level of fertility
– Stimulates the pituitary glands in the body and Increases metabolism
– Appetizer that helps to gain weight and increases psychological and nervous balance.
– Increases the level of red blood cells in the body which making it a suitable treatment for anemia patients